I edited my profile with Thomas Myspace Editor V4.4 (www.strikefile.com/myspace)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Favorite Meal

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I usually will usually try anything once, twice If I like it. But my favorite meal that will make me drool at the mere thought of it or hearing someone mention it arroz y frejole con carne with a side of platano maduro con queso de freir. In english that means rice with meat and plantains with frying cheese. It is my favorite meal preferably cooked by my mother but it does not matter since I would eat it regardless of who cooks it. It consists of a portion of white rice and beans with a cut of well cooked steak. The side is plaintains which are ripe bannanas they are made after removing the skin, the ripened fruit is sliced (3-4 mm thick) and pan fried in plantain oil and sprinkled with salt or sometimes baked in the oven. It is very delicious and is a delicacy is Ecuador. Along with the maduro is the frying cheese which is a block of white cheese made from cow's milk that is cut up into little blocks. I usually eat this alot in Ecuador among other things but eating it here isn't as good as over there almost as if it is missing something. There you go that is my favorite meal I recommend that you try it if you get a chance.

2 comments:

Twitty Tinkerbell said...

you sound as if you were ready to take the keyboard and turn it into that dish!lol

futuristicretrobaby88 said...

yes..I feel the same way, that has to be the best plate for me as well..... minus the egg and meat.....I could rice and beans everyday....WHITE RICE N BLACK BEANS.........